Lemon Cinnamon Pull Apart Loaf
This recipe makes 1 loaf of bread or 18 fan tans.
Fleischmann's Yeast recipe book "When you Bake-with yeast"- 1957
- 1/2 c
- milk, scalded
- 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 c
- tepid lemon juice or tepid water
- 3 pkg
- yeast, active dry or compressed
- 2 large
- 5 c
- all purpose flour
- butter, melted or very soft
- 1 1/2 c
- dark brown sugar,packed
- 1 Tbsp
- spread dough with butter. combine brown sugar and cinnamon
How to Make Lemon Cinnamon Pull Apart Loaf
- 1Scald milk and remove from heat and add the sugar, salt and shortening, stirring to melt shortening. Cool to lukewarm.
Sprinkle the yeast over the warm lemon juice or water. When dissolved stir into the lukewarm milk mixture and add the eggs and 3 cups of the flour.Beat until smooth- then add the remaining flour.
- 2Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic. Place in a greased bowl, brush top with soft shortening. Cover and let rise in warm place, free from draft until doubled in bulk, 45 minutes only.Punch down and place on a lightly floured board.
- 3Roll dough in a 20x12 rectangle. Spread with soft butter. Cut dough crosswise into 5 strips 12x4-inches in size with a pizza cutter or sharp knife.
Dredge each buttered piece with the cinnamon/sugar mixture and stack each piece on top of each other-being sure to generously sprinkle with the cinnamon/ sugar. Until all 5 rectangles are stacked.
- 6For "fan tans" in muffin tin:
Divide dough into 3 equal parts. Roll out each piece into an oblong 11x9-inches. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar. Cut into 7 equal strips that are 1 1/2 inches wide.
Pile strips one on top of other. Cut into 6 equal pieces that are 1 1/2 inches long. Place cut side up in greased muffin pan. Cover. Let rise for 30 minutes. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Bake in 400^ oven for 20 minutes. Makes 18.