1loaf frozen bread dough thawed overnight in refrigerator
1 pkg8 oz. cream cheese
1 tspgrated lemon rind
1egg beaten with 1 teaspoon water
How to Make Lemon Cheese Braid
- allow dough to stand at room temperature on a lightly floured surface for 1 hour
- roll and push to an 18 X 8" rectangle, let rest while making filling
- Beat cheese, egg yolk, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl with electric mixer, stir in lemon rind
- Place dough on large greased cookie sheet. spread cheese mixture down center third of dough.
- cut dough from outside to filling spacing cuts 1" apart
- overlap dough strips alternately from left to right to cover cheese mixture.
- brush braid with egg mixture, let stand in warm place 30 minutes.
- bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. remove to rack. serve warm