How to Make Lemon Cheese Braid
- 1allow dough to stand at room temperature on a lightly floured surface for 1 hour
- 2roll and push to an 18 X 8" rectangle, let rest while making filling
- 3Beat cheese, egg yolk, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl with electric mixer, stir in lemon rind
- 4Place dough on large greased cookie sheet. spread cheese mixture down center third of dough.
- 5cut dough from outside to filling spacing cuts 1" apart
- 6overlap dough strips alternately from left to right to cover cheese mixture.
- 7brush braid with egg mixture, let stand in warm place 30 minutes.
- 8bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. remove to rack. serve warm