Lemon Bread with Cherry Cheese Spread
1/2 cmargarine or butter, softened
1 1/4 csugar
2eggs, slightly beaten
1 Tbspgrated lemon peel
1/2 tsplemon extract
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1/2 cchopped pecans
CHERRY CHEESE SPREAD
3 ozcream cheese
2 to 3 tspmilk or cherry juice
1 Tbspchopped marashino cherries
How to Make Lemon Bread with Cherry Cheese Spread
- BREAD DIRECTIONS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 or 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl combine butter and sugar; mix well.
- Add eggs, lemon peel, extract and milk; mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt, stirring just until moistened. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Place a kitchen towel over to keep from drying out and let cool 5 minutes. Then invert onto foil and wrap until ready to serve. Freezes well.
- CHERRY CHEESE SPREAD DIRECTIONS
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl until well blended.
- NOTE: Self rising flour is NOT recommended.
High altitude bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes
I usually double the recipe.
- Recipe and photo found in a magazine in a doctor's office many years ago.