1/3 cbutter, melted
1 tsplemon extract
1/4 cfresh lemon juice
1 1/2 cunbleached all-purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
·grated rind of 1 large lemon
·chopped pecans, optional
1/2 cconfectioners' sugar
1/4 cchopped pecans, optional
How to Make Lemon Bread
- Combine sugar, butter, extract and juice.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in the wet ingredients alternately with the milk.
- Add the lemon rind and pecans (if using).
- Pour batter into a greased 4 1/2"x8 1/2" loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for about 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- TOPPING: Dissolve sugar in lemon juice over low heat.
- Pierce top of hot loaf in several places with a sharp knife.
- Pour topping over crust.
- Let loaf cool in pan for 1 hour.
- Remove from pan, wrap in foil and let sit for 24 hours for flavors to mature.