King's Hawaiian bread (copykat)
6 call-purpose flour, plus 1/2 cup flour (reserved)
2 cpineapple juice
1/2 tsppowdered ginger
1/2 ozyeast (4-1/2 teaspoons) or 2 packets
1/2 cbutter or margarine, melted (one stick)
How to Make King's Hawaiian bread (copykat)
- Beat the eggs. Add the pineapple juice, sugar, ginger, vanilla and butter.
- Place 3 cups of flour in a large bowl. Stir in the egg mixture until well combined. Sprinkle in the yeast, one packet at a time, and mix.
- Add the remaining 3 cups of flour and mix. Blending with a spoon will be hard, so you may have to use your hands. Make sure it is thoroughly combined. Cover the bowl with a cloth and set in a warm place to rise for 1 hour. OR Do ALL these steps in a bread machine set on manual or dough cycle.
- Remove from the bowl and knead in 1/2 cup flour. Knead about 10 times. Divide into three equal parts.
- Place in greased and floured loaf pans or shape into rolls. Cover and place in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or golden brown.
Makes: 3 loaves