Judy's Zucchini Bread
2 1/2 csugar
3eggs, well beaten
2 Tbsppure vanilla extract
2 cgrated whole zucchini
3 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
2 tspground cinnamon
1 tspground nutmeg
1 1/2 tspsalt
1-2 cchopped nuts, your choice, or optional
How to Make Judy's Zucchini Bread
- You will need 2 Cups of grated zucchini. IF you are using an 8-10 young zucchini, there's no need to peel or de-seed. IF they get away from you and you have a baseball bat sized one, just peel it lightly, cut it in half and remove the seeds.
- Combine and mix wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl.....you can beat the eggs and add separately. i just usually add them 1 at a time and let the mixer do the work. The grated zucchini is considered a wet ingredient. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Stir to mix.
- Turn the mixer on low and slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix until well combined.
- IF you are using nuts, now is the time to add them, stir them in. It's just as good with or without. We have a lot of nut allergies, so I usually leave them out, or maybe just add to one loaf.......I especially like pecans or black walnuts in this.
- Spray or butter 2 loaf pans well. I use Baker's Joy. It will stick if you don't. Bake at 350* for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan, 5-10 min and remove to wire rack.
- This freezes well. If you are over-run with zucchini, grate and freeze it in 2 Cup amounts. Thaw in a colander and squeeze/press the moisture out. You do not need to squeeze the moisture out of the freshly grated zucchini, although i do usually let it hang out in the colander for a bit, while i'm mixing everything else up.