Jennifer’s Pumpkin Bread
You can substitute equal measures of pumpkin pie spices for those listed, but I don't because any given brand of pie spices will have a different ratio of ingredients. Measuring out the individual spices ensures getting the flavor I love so much.
2 ccanned pumpkin
3 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1 tspground cloves
1 tspground cinnamon
1 tspground nutmeg
1 cchopped walnuts (optional)
How to Make Jennifer’s Pumpkin Bread
- Preheat Oven to 350º F.
- Grease 4” x 8” loaf pan.
- Combine dry ingredients, except walnuts, sift, and set aside.
- Blend oil, sugar, and eggs. Stir in pumpkin. Add sifted dry ingredients. Stir in walnuts (optional).
- Spoon batter into greased pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes (75 minutes).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 15 minutes. Remove from pan and finish cooling on rack. Store in air tight container when completely cooled. Serve warm or cold, plain or buttered.
Do not fill loaf pan more than 2/3 full—make muffins or a mini loaf if you have extra batter.
You can substitute 2 tsp pumpkin pie spices for cloves and nutmeg. (My pumpkin pie spice does not have cinnamon listed in the ingredients so if yours doesn’t either you will need to include cinnamon in your measures; otherwise, add an extra tsp of the spice mix.)