Grandma's Baked Donuts
This recipe was given to me by my Grandma years ago.
I like rolling the donuts in either powdered sugar or cinnamon and sugar .
How to Make Grandma's Baked Donuts
- 1Sift together the flour , baking powder , salt , nutmeg and sugar.
- 2Mix together beaten eggs with milk and the oil ; Add ALL at once to the flour mixture and blend well.
- 3Add raisins to the dough mixture.
- 4Turn out onto a floured surface , knead lightly.
- 5NOTE : If the dough is sticky , add small amounts of flour until the right consistency to roll , but not to much you don't want a stiff dough.
- 6Roll to 1/2" thickness and use a donut cutter ' Place on a greased cookie sheet ; brush with the melted butter.
- 7Bake @ 375° for 10-15 minutes . Cool and roll in powdered sugar.