How to Make Grandma Strand's Swedish Rye Bread
- 1Stir first 3 ingredients together with enough white flour to the consistency of cake dough
- 2When yeast mixture gets all bubbly add to other ingredients and work in white flour to make a manageable dough.
- 3Let rise until double in bulk.
- 4Punch dough down and knead again. Form dough into 3 loaves, place in prepared loaf pans. Let rise in pans until above the rim.
- 5Bake at 350* for 1 hour
- 6*NOTE* You will need to add white flour at step # 1 and step # 2. I do not have a measurement for the white flour in these two steps....