1 pkgactive dry yeast
3 cwarm water
61/2 to 7 call puroose white flour
1/3 cmolasses or dark corn syrup
3 Tbspvegetable oil
2 cgraham flour
How to Make GRAHAM BREAD
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1 cup warm water and let stand 5 minutes. Add 1-1/2 cups white flour and beat until smooth.
- Cover loosely with a light towel and let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Add remaining 2 cups water, molasses or corn syrup, oil salt and graham flour. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until smooth.
- By hand, gradually stir in additional white flour, enough to make a soft dough, mixing well after each addition so dough is well blended.
- Turn out onto lightly floured board and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top
- Cover with towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk about 1-1/2 hours. Dived dough in half, shape into loaves and place in greased loaf pans.
- Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour. Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes or until done. Remove from pans and cool on wire rack.