- 1 pkg
- active dry yeast
- 3 c
- warm water
- 61/2 to 7 c
- all puroose white flour
- 1/3 c
- molasses or dark corn syrup
- 3 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 c
- graham flour
How to Make GRAHAM BREAD
- 1In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1 cup warm water and let stand 5 minutes. Add 1-1/2 cups white flour and beat until smooth.
- 2Cover loosely with a light towel and let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- 3Add remaining 2 cups water, molasses or corn syrup, oil salt and graham flour. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until smooth.
- 4By hand, gradually stir in additional white flour, enough to make a soft dough, mixing well after each addition so dough is well blended.
- 5Turn out onto lightly floured board and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top
- 6Cover with towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk about 1-1/2 hours. Dived dough in half, shape into loaves and place in greased loaf pans.
- 7Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour. Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes or until done. Remove from pans and cool on wire rack.