Golden Cranberry Cream Scones
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 1/4 call-purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1/4 tspkosher salt
5 Tbspgranulated sugar, divided use
4 Tbspcold unsalted butter, diced
1 tspvery fine orange zest
1/3 cgolden raisins, chopped
1/3 cdried cranberries, chopped
3/4 cheavy cream
1/4 cfreshly squeezed orange juice
·refrigerated buttery spray
How to Make Golden Cranberry Cream Scones
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a large baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine flour, baking powder, salt, 4 tablespoons sugar, and butter. Process until crumbly.
- Pour into a large bowl and stir in zest, raisins, and cranberries.
- Stir cream and juice together in a small bowl. Pour over first mixture. Stir until combined.
- Place on a heavily floured surface and knead 2-3 times with floured hands. Shape dough into a ball, flattening to about 1 1/4-inch thickness. Place on prepared baking sheet. Cut into 8 wedges, separating slightly. Spray tops with buttery spray. Dust tops lightly with remaining sugar.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with butter and your favorite jam. Serves 8.