Easy Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 1/2 c
- all purpose flour (plus more for kneading)
- 1 c
- milk (i use almond or soy and it turns out fine)
- 1 1/2 c
- brown sugar
- 1 pkg
- highly active yeast (about 1-2 teaspoons if you use the jarred kind)
- 1 1/2 stick
- salted butter
- 3 Tbsp
- ground cinnamon
How to Make Easy Cinnamon Rolls
- 1Heat milk in microwave safe bowl just until warm, about 45 seconds to one minute. Stir in 1/2 cup of the brown sugar until it dissolves, then add the yeast and cover the bowl and let sit for 10-15 minutes or until foamy. Melt 1/2 stick of the butter and mix with the flour and milk/yeast mixture until a soft dough forms. Grab another handful of flour and incorporate it in as you knead until the dough is slightly sticky but otherwise pliable. Cover and let it sit for 10 more minutes.
- 2soften the other stick of butter and stir in the remaining brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread out the dough on a greased cookie sheet until it is covered. Spread most of the butter/cinnamon mixture over the dough, reserving a small amount for later. Slowly roll the dough until it is one long roll with the cinnamon mixture inside. Cut into 1-2 inch rolls with a sharp knife.
- 3Spread waxed paper on another cookie sheet and spray with cooking spray. Set the cinnamon rolls on the sheet. Spoon/drizzle the remaining cinnamon/butter mixture over the top. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until brown and gooey.