1/3 cwarm water 110-115 degrees
2 1/4 tspactive dry yeast
1/3 c+ 1/4 tsp. granulated sugar
1 1/3 cwhole milk
3/4 csalted butter
1 largeegg at room temp.
1 1/2 tspsalt
4 1/2 call purpose flour
How to Make Dinner Rolls
- Measure out warm water into a liquid measuring cup then stir in yeast and 1/4 teaspoon of sugar, whisk until yeast has dissolved then let rest 5-10 minutes until mixture is foamy
- Pour yeast mixture (scrapping out excess) into the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, add in 1/3 cup sugar, warm milk, 5 Tbsp butter, egg and salt.
- Blend mixture until combine.
- Add in 2 cups flour and mix until well combine.
- Switch attachment to a dough hook, with mixer on low speed, slowly add remaining 2 1/2 cups flour and mix until dough is smooth and elastic, about 4-5 minutes (dough should be slightly sticky when touched).
- Transfer dough to a greased, large mixing bowl and cover bowl with plastic wrap.
- Allow dough to rise in a warm place, free from draft, until double in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down and divide dough into 2 equal portions. Shape each portion into a ball.
- Roll each dough ball out on a lightly floured surface into a large circle about 13 inches across (try to keep dough as much of an even thickness as possible).
- Spread each circle of dough evenly with 2 TBSP butter.
- Cut each circle into 4 equal quarters, then each quarter into 3 wedges (just imagine cutting pizza slices or pie slices).
- Roll each wedge up, beginning on wide (outside) edge.
- Transfer rolls to a buttered 10 X 15 inch cookie sheet (The tip of the rolled wedge should be tucked on the bottom.Note that you can fit 3 rows of 8 rolls).
- Cover rolls loosely with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until double in size, about 1 hour.
- During the last 10 minutes of rising preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove Plastic Wrap and bake rolls in preheated oven for 15 to 19 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and brush with remaining 3 TBSP of butter (You may not need all of it). Serve warm or allow to cool and store in airtight container.