Deb's Famous Sweet Potato Bread
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Thanks to the nutmeg and cinnamon, baking this bread really evokes the aromas of the holidays. Your kitchen will smell fantastic. Sweet potatoes are a favorite of mine and they make this bread very moist and light. It's de-lish! The Test Kitchen
3 cself-rising flour
1 cvegetable oil
4 Tbspwhole milk
2 cmashed sweet potatoes
THIS RECIPE IS EASILY DOUBLED & EVEN LEFTOVER MIXTURE CAN BE ADDED TO IN ORDER TO MAKE MORE.
How to Make Deb's Famous Sweet Potato Bread
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk together dry ingredients, whisk eggs in a separate bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl or using large bowl with stand-up mixer, mix together all ingredients thoroughly 5 minutes, scraping sides regularly with rubber spatula to ensure proper mix.
- Scoop mixture into small to medium loaf pans, filling each pan 2/3 full.
I use a decorative pan of my Mom's that has 4 small loaf pans in one pan.
- Bake at 350° 45-60 minutes depending on your pan size & oven.
Use the toothpick test to judge, but don't overcook. You want this bread to be moist.
- Turn out onto cooling racks.
- Wrap with Saran or other cling wrap to keep fresh.