★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 tspbaking powder
1/2 cwhite vanilla baking chips
1 1/3 cwhipping cream (not whipped)
1 1/4 tspalmond extract
How to Make Creamy Vanilla Scones
- Heat oven to 400 F. Lightly grease cookie sheet
- In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until well blended. Add baking chips
- Add whipping cream and almond extract. (At this point, you can add anything extra that you would like, fruit, nuts, etc)
- Stir just until dry ingrediants are moistened. On lightly floured surface, knead dough 6 or 7 times until smooth.
- Divide dough in half and Pat each half into 6 inch round
- Cut each into 6 wedges. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet
- Bake 10-13 minutes, or until light golden brown
- When cool, you can drizzle a glaze of icing sugar, milk and almond extract.