Cranberry Raisin Bread
2 pkgactive dry yeast
1/2 ccane sugar
1/4 cbutter, melted
1 1/4 cwarm water
4 call purpose flour
3/4 cdried cranberries
3/4 cgolden raisins
How to Make Cranberry Raisin Bread
- Mix yeast with warm, not hot, water. Let stand 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cane sugar, melted butter and milk until well blended, about 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in yeast mixture. Stir in the cranberries and raisins.
- Beat in half the flour and knead in the other half by hand on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Form dough into a ball and place in a large greased bowl, turning once to coat.
- Cover with a clean towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about one hour.
- Punch down and divide dough in half. Form each half into a loaf and place in two greased 9" x 5" bread pans.
Cover with towel and let rise in pans for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Loaves are done when nicely browned and sound hollow when tapped.
- Let cool on rack for 10 minutes. Loosen edges with a sharp knife.
Turn out onto rack and let cool completely.