A note on the oil; if you want a healthier bread, use 1/2 cup applesauce instead of the oil. It doesn't change the taste and takes out a LOT of fat!
1 1/2 cflour
1 tspbaking powder
1/4 tspbaking soda
1/2 cvegetable oil
2eggs, lightly beaten
1 tspcoconut extract
1/2 cshredded coconut
How to Make Coconut Bread
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl,combine sugar, oil, eggs, and coconut extract and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture alternately with the buttermilk stirring until just moist.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about an hour.