A note on the oil; if you want a healthier bread, use 1/2 cup applesauce instead of the oil. It doesn't change the taste and takes out a LOT of fat!
How to Make Coconut Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- 3Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- 4In a separate bowl,combine sugar, oil, eggs, and coconut extract and mix well.
- 5Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture alternately with the buttermilk stirring until just moist.
- 6Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about an hour.