2- pkgyeast- ( 1/4 oz each)
1/2 cwarm water
4 1/2 cflour
2 stickmelted butter seperated
1 1/2 cbrown sugar
1 1/2 cpowdered sugar
How to Make cinnamon rolls
- dissolve yeast in water in mixing bowl. ( I use my kitchen aid mixer dough hook)
- beat together eggs, sugar and salt and whisk into yeast mixture
- add one cup of flour mix until nice and smooth
- add one stick of melted butter
- add 3 1/2 cups of flour
- heat oven to 200 degrees and turn off
- place dough in greased bowl cover with towel and put in oven. let rise. once doubled in size punch down and roll out into a rectangle. not to thick but not paper thin
- mix cinnamon and brown sugar together. spread remaining stick of melted butter on surface of dough. sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar mixture over butter. you can add raisins if you like. ( half the family likes raisins the other half doesnt.
- preheat oven to 375
- roll dough into a log shape. cut into pinwheels according to how thick you want them. ( we like ours thick)
- put close together in a well greased pan. brush with melted butter.
- bake for 15 minutes or until done
- mix powdered sugar, vanilla and milk until smooth. spread on rolls when done.