Cinnamon Roll (Gracie Rolls)
1 Tbspactive dry yeast
6 1/8 cflour divided
1 cmilk, 2%
1 tspvanilla extract
2 cbrown sugar
6 Tbspbutter, melted
4 ozcream cheese, room temperature
2 Tbspbutter room temperature
4 Tbspmilk, 2%
2 cpowdered sugar
How to Make Cinnamon Roll (Gracie Rolls)
- In the mixing bowl on the stand mixer, combine 1 cup flour, sugar salt and yeast.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat milk over medium-high heat to low boil. Remove from heat. Add butter and allow to melt. Once melted add water and cool between 110 - 120 degrees.
- While cooling, whisk together eggs and vanilla in a small mixing bowl, set aside. Melt filling butter in a small bowl, set aside. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl, set aside.
- Add cooled milk, water, butter, eggs and vanilla to dry ingredients stir to combine.
Allow to sit for 2 minutes.
- Set mixer to stir; add flour one cup at a time until dough pulls away from side of bowl.
Lightly flour dough to remove from paddle.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface, allow to sit for 5 minutes.
Roll dough into a 24"x18" rectangle about 1/16" thick.
- Brush melted butter with pastry brush evenly over dough.
Sprinkle filling evenly over dough surface, spreading gently with fingertips.
- Fold short ends in 1".
Begin rolling dough in an upward motion, evenly distributing dough lengthwise, until dough is all rolled up. (approx 2" high).
Let dough rise for 5 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut dough into 1 1/2" thick pieces.
Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Arrange 5 to 6 cinnamon rolls per sheet.
Let rise till double in size about 1 hour at 80 degree room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, bake each sheet for 16-20 minutes.
Cool completely on parchment paper.
- For Icing
Combine powder sugar, cream cheese, butter, and milk in stand mixer, set to stir.
Add additional milk to desired consistency.
Ice rolls and eat. Enjoy!