Cindy's Banana Bread
I'm thinking next time of adding a little cinnamon to it.
2 cflour ( i used 1 1/2 c. all purpose flour & 1/2 c cake flour
2 tspbaking powder
1/2 cgranulated sugar ( i used splenda for half the sugar)
1/4 clight brown sugar, packed
1/4 cshortening or unsalted butter
3 mediumbananas, mashed (approx. 1 c.)
1/2 cchopped walnuts
How to Make Cindy's Banana Bread
- Cream sugar & butter together.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition.
- Sift dry ingredients together 3 times.
- Alternately stir in flour & bananas, ending with flour. DO NOT OVERSTIR! Overstirring will make your bread tough.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into a greased and lightly floured loaf pan. Top batter with whole walnut halves if desired.
- Bake in 350 degree oven 55-65 mins. or until a toothpick comes out with only a few crumbs.