Caramel-Pecan Cinnamon Rolls From Scratch
- 4- 41/2 c
- all purpose flour or bread flour
- 1 pkg
- active dry yeast
- 1 c
- 1/3 c
- 1/3 c
- butter, margarine, or shortening
- 1 tsp
- 3 Tbsp
- melted butter
- 1 1/2 c
- cinnamon sugar
- 2/3 c
- packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- corn syrup (light or dark)
- 1/2 c
- crushed pecans
INGREDIENTS FOR ROLLS (MAKES 2 9 INCH PIE PANS FULL)
INGREDIENTS FOR TOPPING (PER 1 PAN)
How to Make Caramel-Pecan Cinnamon Rolls From Scratch
- 1In mixer bowl combine 2 cups flour and yeast.
- 2Heat milk, sugar, butter, and salt until just warm (115-120 degrees)
- 3Add to flour mixture along with the eggs. beat at low speed for about 1/2 minute. Beat 3 mins at high speed.
- 4By hand stir in as much remaining flour as you can with a spoon.
- 5On floured surface knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6-8 min total).
- 6Shape into a ball and place in a greased bowl; turn once. Cover and let rise in a warm place until it's doubled (about and hour)
- 7Punch down and divide in half. cover and let rest for 10 mins (if premaknig dough for the next morning put in bag and refrigerate over night after dividing the dough, make sure to thaw for about an hour before continuing with the next steps.)
- 8Roll one half of the dough into a 12x8 inch rectangle (or as close to one as you can get).
- 9Brush melted butter over dough and sprinkle as much cinnamon sugar as you want. Leave the long side closest to you clear of sugar for about a half inch.
- 10Roll up jelly-roll style pulling the larger end toward you.
- 11Seal the seams of the rolls brushing with a bit more of the butter and pinching them closed.
- 12Slice each roll of dough into 10-12 pieces by using a piece of thread. Place thread under the roll and pull strings into a criss-cross like tying a knot.
- 13Repeat steps 8-12 with other half of the dough.
- 14In saucepan combine 2/3 cup packed brown sugar, 1/4 cup butter, and 2 Tbsp corn syrup; cook and stir until blended. Put in bottom of one 9-inch pie pan and sprinkle with a half cup of pecans. Place 10-12 rolls on top of caramel-pecan mixture.
- 15Repeat step 14 with other pan.
- 16Cover and let rise until doubled (about 30 mins)
- 17Bake in 375 degree oven 20-25 mins. Invert unto serving plate.