Butternut Squash Quick Bread
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
COMBINE THESE IN A BOWL AND WHISK
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspeach of the following: nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, salt
COMBINE THESE TOGETHER IN YOUR FOOD PROCESSOR
1 1/4 ccooked butternut squash (see instructions below for cooking) or use good quality canned squash drained
1/2 cbrown sugar (dark or light is fine)
1/2 csugar- i use pure sugar cane sugar as opposed to processed sugar
1/2 capple sauce or vegetable oil (the applesauce is a much healther alternative but it will add some sweetness)
ADD AFTER THE BATTER IS MADE
1/2 cpecans or walnuts (optional)
How to Make Butternut Squash Quick Bread
- *To cook the Butternut Squash, cut into four sections and remove all the seeds. Place skin side up in a baking pan and add about 1/2-1 inch of water. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until the fork pierces easily. Pour out excess water, allow to cool and remove the skin. Approximately 1/2 the squash equals 1 and 1/4 cups need for the recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, sift together the first 3 ingredients.
- In the food processor, process the cooked squash until smooth. Then add the next five ingredients and process until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the nuts if desired.
- Pour into a greased 9X5 inch loaf pan and bake for approximately 1 hour or until a toothpick or knife inserted comes out clean. Enjoy!