BONNIE'S CINNAMON ROLLS
The photo is my own. Recipe adapted from Family Cookbook.
1/2cup melted butter
2tablespoons ground cinnamon
·optional: add pecans or raisins
2cups powdered sugar
1teaspoon mexican vanilla
3 to 6tablespoons hot water
How to Make BONNIE'S CINNAMON ROLLS
- Use Bonnie's Basic Bread recipe for the dough. After the dough has completed the first rise, punch the dough down and roll it out on a lightly floured surface. Roll into a rectangle 15 X 9. Brush the dough with the melted butter. Mix sugar and cinnamon in a shaker and sprinkle evenly over the dough. Use as much or as little as you like. I use about half the mixture. Add raisins or pecans if desired.
- Now roll it starting on the long side and roll tightly and pinch the seam together to seal. Cut into 14 to 16 rolls.
- Place in a butter greased glass Pyrex oblong dish, sprinkle it with sugar.
- Place the cinnamon roll slices in the pan almost touching. Let rise about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Bake for 30 minutes in a 375 degree oven until golden brown. Let cool five minutes and then mix the glaze and pour over rolls.
- To make the glaze combine the butter, powdered sugar and vanilla in a small mixing bowl. Add the hot water, one tablespoon at a time until smooth and can be drizzled. Spread over rolls, wait 5 minutes and pour a little melted butter on top of the rolls. Simply decadent! Enjoy!