☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 pkg(.25 oz) active dry yeast
1/4 cwarm water
7 1/2 call purpose flour
1/4 cbutter, melted
1 1/2 cmilk
How to Make Bolo Levado (Azorean Sweet muffins)
- In a bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water with a pinch of the sugar. Set aside to ferment, about 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer the yeast mixture to a large bowl, and stir in the sugar, eggs, salt, flour, and milk until the dough becomes a smooth and even consistency.
- Stir in the melted butter, then turn the dough out onto a floured surface, and knead for about 10 minutes, or until smooth and elastic.
- Cover dough with a cloth and set aside to rise until doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Divide dough into about 16 pieces, and shape them into flat round cakes about 1/2 inch thick. Place a cloth on the table and dust it with flour. Arrange the cakes on the cloth, allowing space for rising. Allow them to set for 1 1/2 hours.
- Place the cakes in a large ungreased skillet, and cook over low heat. Cook the cakes on each side until dark golden brown and place them on a platter once done.
- Best served while hot but can be stored for 1-2 weeks in a refrigerator to maintain freshness.