Blue Ridge Mountain Corn Bread
How to Make Blue Ridge Mountain Corn Bread
- In separate bowls beat the egg whites & egg yolks.
- To the egg yolks, add the sugar & beat well.
- Add the cornmeal, milk & flour. Add the melted butter, beaten egg whites, baking powder & salt. Add beaten egg yolks with sugar mixture & blend well.
- Pour into a GREASED, cast iron skillet. (do not use cooking spary...use Crisco & a paper towel to coat the skillet)
- Bake at 450 until golden. (*HINT: I sprinkle a small amount of sugar on top B4 baking for added sweetness)