1 tspbaking soda
1 cchopped nuts ( i use walnuts)
3 smallripe bananas, mashed
1 cchopped maraschino cherries
6 ozsemisweet chocolate chips
1 tspsalt (i leave out the salt)
How to Make Bishop's Bread
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Stir together flour and baking soda.
- Stir in nuts, cherries and chocolate chips
- In small bowl, beat eggs and sugar and bananas. Add to flour mixture.
- Turn batter into well-greased and floured 9 x 5 pan or about 5 mini pans.
- Bake about one hour and 15 minutes for large loaf or about 50 minutes for mini loaves. Watch closely. Done when toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool well.
- Note: Bread is best when stored, well wrapped for a day or two. I wrap it in waxed paper and then in foil.