Best Ever Banana Bread
Unlike in most banana bread recipes, I leave my mixer running the entire time I'm adding ingredients. Despite being dense, the bread tastes "fluffier" after baking.
1/2 cbutter, softened
1 1/2 cmashed, ripe bananas (4 medium)
1 2/3 call-purpose flour (do not use self-rising flour)
1 tspbaking soda
1/4 tspbaking powder
1 cchopped walnuts
How to Make Best Ever Banana Bread
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease bottom only of loaf pan (9x5x3 inches). I use parchment paper for easy removal.
- Mix sugar and butter in large mixing bowl.
Stir in eggs.
Add bananas and water.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except nuts.
Then, stir in walnuts.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean; about 60 mins.
- Cool 5 minutes, then loosen sides of loaf from pan and remove bread from pan.
- Cool completely on cooling rack before slicing.
1 loaf = 20 - 24 slices