Best Ever Banana Bread
Unlike in most banana bread recipes, I leave my mixer running the entire time I'm adding ingredients. Despite being dense, the bread tastes "fluffier" after baking.
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 2 large
- 1 1/2 c
- mashed, ripe bananas (4 medium)
- 1/3 c
- 1 2/3 c
- all-purpose flour (do not use self-rising flour)
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 c
- chopped walnuts
How to Make Best Ever Banana Bread
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease bottom only of loaf pan (9x5x3 inches). I use parchment paper for easy removal.
- 2Mix sugar and butter in large mixing bowl.
Stir in eggs.
Add bananas and water.
- 3Stir in remaining ingredients except nuts.
Then, stir in walnuts.
- 4Pour batter into loaf pan and bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean; about 60 mins.
- 5Cool 5 minutes, then loosen sides of loaf from pan and remove bread from pan.
- 6Cool completely on cooling rack before slicing.
1 loaf = 20 - 24 slices