Basic Sweet Dough
How to Make Basic Sweet Dough
- In a large bowl (I use my metal one )combine 2 cups flour , sugar , yeast and salt ; set aside
- In a sauce pan heat butter , milk and water until very warm ( not boiling) to 120° to 130°. Add mixture and egg to the dry ingredients ; Blend on low speed of an electric mixer until moistened ; Beat for 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Stir in enough of the remaining flour by hand to form a stiff dough. ( dough will be some what sticky )
- On a floured surface knead until smooth and elastic about 8-10 minutes.
- Place dough in a greased bowl ; turn greased side up. Cover and let rise in a warm space for 45-60 minutes , or until light and doubled in size ; punch dough down and use dough for desired recipe.