Banana Nut Bread
It wasn't until I hit my teens that I took a real interest in cooking, started learning my other grandma's skill for making cakes and pies..........oh boy I can still taste her coconut pound cake, OMG. It would melt in your mouth.
Anywho.....this is my personal spin on Banana Nut Bread, my grandma's was good, but I must say, mine is a notch better......You be the judge. :)
1/2 cvegetable oil
3 largeripe banana's (mashed)
2 call purpose flour
1 pkgbanana cream pudding mix
1 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 Tbspvanilla extract
3/4 cchopped walnuts
How to Make Banana Nut Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat oil and sugar together. Add eggs and bananas, beat well.
- Mix together the flour, banana cream pudding mix (dry, do not make pudding), baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to first mixture, mix well. Add in milk and vanilla extract. Mix well and add in chopped walnuts.
- Pour batter into a greased, floured bread pan or the disposable aluminum pans.
Place in preheated oven and bake for 1 hour or until done. I check with a butter knife in the very middle, thickest part of the bread, if it comes out clean then its done.
- If it is browning too fast before the center is done, place a piece of aluminum foil loosely over the top of the bread. Just check on your bread about 15-20 minutes before it is suppose to be done, if browned good but not done, use the foil on top.
- When done, remove from oven, set on cooling racks or on top of the stove to cool. I like mine warm with some butter on it, but for this recipe......as it is, now that is way better.......enjoy!