Baked Apple Doughnuts
1 1/2 cflour
1/2 tspfreshly ground nutmeg
1 3/4 tspbaking powder
1/3 csolid shortening
1/2 cgrated apples
1/2 cmelted butter
1/3 ccinnamon sugar (1/3 c sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon)
How to Make Baked Apple Doughnuts
- Grease muffins or mini muffin pans - whichever size you like best. Do NOT use cupcake liners in the pan.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. Blend well, but gently. The doughnuts will thank your efforts by being tender.
- Fill the muffin tins 2/3 full and bake 15-25 minutes at 350° depending on the size of muffin tins you use. Use the toothpick test to check for done-ness.
- While the muffins are still hot, gently roll or dip them in the melted butter and then the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Hide them from your spouse and kids. Dole them out or they will be gone before you get the kitchen cleaned up.