☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 pkgactive dry yeast
1/2 cwarm water
2 tspground cinnamon
3 Tbspolive oil
3 ctahini, well stirred (divided)
3 csugar, divided
How to Make Armenian Tahini Bread
- Stir together yeast, 1 tsp. of the sugar, and 1/2 cup warm water in a small bowl; set aside to let rest until frothy, 8-10 minutes.
- Stir together flour, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl, then add yeast mixture, 2 tbsp. of the oil, and 1 cup water; stir into a rough dough. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 8-10 minutes.
- Place dough into a large bowl greased with remaining 1 tbsp. oil. Cover with plastic wrap; let sit in a warm spot until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Divide dough into 2 balls, cover with a towel, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Working on a lightly floured surface with 1 ball at a time, roll dough out into a 25" circle (keep remaining dough covered).
- Gently spread half the tahini evenly over the dough and sprinkle with 1 1⁄2 cups of the sugar.
- Roll the circle up end to end to make a rope. Gently roll and stretch the rope to double the length, then cut into 6-8 equal pieces. Tightly coil each rope so that it resembles a cinnamon roll, then flatten each with your hand into a dough round on a lightly floured surface. Roll out each round into a 7" circle, then transfer the circles to parchment paper-lined baking sheets, keeping them spaced apart.
- Let rest while you repeat the process with the remaining dough.
- Mist each round of dough generously with water and bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets.