Apple Pie Bread
I did several of them made from several of the different flavors of pie fillings out there.
They all turned out fabulous. Next time I will make one of Mince Pie filling.
- 1/2 c
- butter, room temp
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar
- large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 c
- 2 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- cinnamon, ground
- 1 pinch
- nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1/3 tsp
- lemon juice, fresh or vanilla
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly grated zest of lemon
- 1 can(s)
- (21-oz.) can apple pie filling
- powdered sugar
How to Make Apple Pie Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9×5″ loaf pan.
I don't know why you couldn't use Apple Pie Spice. I just didn't have any on hand to try it with. :)
Mix the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix well. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest. Add the pie filling and fold mixture until well blended, but don’t over mix.
- 2Open the can of apple pie filling and spoon entire contents into a small bowl. Cut apple wedges into small chunks, set aside.
Cream the room temp. butter and sugars. Add the slightly beaten eggs. Mix well.
- 3Mix the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix well. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest. Add the pie filling and fold mixture until well blended, but don’t over mix.
Pour mixture greased and floured loaf pan. Bake 350 degrees 50 to 60 minutes. Until top of loaf is set and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (it may not come out totally clean because of the denseness of the bread). It will start sinking into it’s sunken form as it cools.
- 4Remove from pan and dust with powdered sugar.
I made two of the apple pie ones. One I just dusted with powdered sugar and the other I made of drizzle of powdered sugar and maple syrup.