Apple Cinnamon Bars
Total Carbs 13.9g
Dietary Fiber 1.4g
Total Fat 4.2g
Saturated Fat 1.5g
Unsaturated Fat 2.7g
Another good recipe I got in my email from Diabetic Connect. The nutritional numbers might be a little off as I made some personal revisions to the original recipe.
Original recipe called for 1c AP Flour, 1/2c brown sugar if you are interested in making the original recipe.
1 cwhole wheat flour
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspground cinnamon
1/4 csplenda brown sugar blend
1 coats, rolled, baked value
1/2 cshortening, vegetable
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, brown sugar, and oats in the mixing bowl. Stir together.
- Add the shortening to the bowl. Use two table knives to mix the ingredients and cut them into crumbs.
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of the baking dish with a little bit of shortening.
- Spread half of the crumb mixture in the greased baking dish.
- Remove the core from the apples and slice them. Put the apple slices into the baking dish.
- Top the apples with the rest of the crumb mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cut into squares. It will fall apart easily.