Apple Cider Bread or Muffins
★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 1/2 csugar,reserving aside 1/4 of a cup in a small bowl
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 tspsalt
1 1/2 tspcinnamon
2 capple cider
2 capples,peeled,cored and chopped
1 tspadditional cinnamon..add this to the 1/4c reserved sugar in your small bowl.
How to Make Apple Cider Bread or Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.Grease and flour either two loaf pans... or 18 muffin cups(I've used paper muffin tin liners without incident).
- Cream butter with...ALL BUT ...1/4 c,of the sugar.
Set this 1/4 c of sugar aside,in a separate small bowl,mixed with the final teaspoon of cinnamon listed last,for later use.
- Add and mix well,the eggs to the creamed butter and sugar.
Sift and add the remaining dry ingredients, alternating with the apple cider.Fold in the apples last.
- Divide the batter for either loaf pans or muffins.
Now take the sugar/cinnamon mix previously set aside in your small bowl,and sprinkle this atop of the loaves or muffins,before going into the oven.
- Bake at 375 degrees...50-70 min's for bread.. OR for 30-40 min's for the muffins.A toothpick inserted in center apparently comes out clean when all is done.
Once it's done,let's see if you can let it alone,for 24 hours,so as to improve it's flavor!Just sayin what the recipe says,folks!