Anadama Bread By Linda
How to Make Anadama Bread By Linda
- In a sauce pan add cornmeal,water, molasses, butter, and salt. Cook over low heat till thick, remove from heat let cool till luke warm.
- In a large bowl add yeast and warm water stir let stand till yeast dissolves add pinch of sugar to see if yeast is good (foam will appear)
- When mixture in sauce pan is lukewarm add to yeast mix well.
- Add 2 cups of flour mix well, keep adding flour till dough forms ball.
- Dump on floured surface and knead about 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic, put in oiled bowl cover let rise till double in a warm area away from drafts. About 1 hour.
- punch down cut in half roll out to a rectangle about 1/2" thick, roll up like a jelly roll seal edges and put in greased bread pan. repeat with second half.
- Let raise in a warm place till double about an hour,
- Bake in a moderate oven at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes remove from oven dump out of pan cool on wire racks. enjoy