Truffle Butter Gougeres- cheese puffs
These are very much like cream puffs without the cream just cheese and truffle butter and truffle oil. So good!
7 Tbspblack truffle butter(get at trader joe or whole foods)
3/4 tspcoarse sea salt
1 1/2 call purpose flour,plus 1 tablespoon
1/4 tspblack truffle oil
1 3/4 cgruyère cheese, finely grated
·freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
How to Make Truffle Butter Gougeres- cheese puffs
- Preheat oven to 350^. Line baking sheets with silpat mats or parchment paper;set aside.
- In a medium heavy bottomed pot heat over medium-high heat, add milk, water, truffle butter and salt. Bring to a boil.
Add flour, all at once.
Cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until dough comes together and creates a film on bottom and sides of the pan, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Transfer to the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, allow dough to cool about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add truffle oil.
Finished dough should form peaks that droop over and are smooth and glossy.
- Drop 1 Tablespoon sized balls of dough onto the prepared pans or use a small cookie scoop or piped with a pastry bag.
Top each with a large pinch of Gruyère. Season with pepper,if desired.