She got this particular recipe from AllRecipes cookbook.
Nice, different type of bread...good w/some cream cheese or butter on it; can add some smoked turkey breast & cheese to make a sandwich...
It's really tasty!
1 ctomato juice
1 pkginstant dry yeast (2-1/2 tsp. if using from jar)
1/4 cvegetable oil
1/4 cchopped fresh parsley
1/4 cchopped green onions
6 cbread flour
How to Make Tomato Bread
- In a sauce pan, heat the tomato juice and water over a low heat until warm to the touch.
- Pour into a large warmed bowl, and add yeast and honey; stir to dissolve yeast. Allow to rest until yeast is creamy.
- Mix in oil, parsley, onion, garlic, carrot, and salt. Add 1 cup of the flour, and stir until smooth. Add more flour, until a firm dough is formed. Knead five minutes on a lightly floured surface.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, and turn to coat the surface completely. Allow to rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Punch down, and divide into halves. Form two loaves, and put into greased 9” x 5” loaf pans.
- Bake at 400°F (220°C) for about 30-35 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire rack to cool.