★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 c
- gf flour mix (i use domata or bobs red mill)
- 2 tsp
- xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp
- sea salt
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- dry yeast
- 2 tsp
- coconut oil (melt before measuring)
- 1 1/2 c
- + 2 t warm water
How to Make The Best Gluten Free Vegan Bread!
- 1Grease and dust with GF flour an 8×4 loaf pan. Heat oven to 200 degrees.
Combine GF Flour Mix, xanthan gum, salt, sugar, and dry yeast in a medium sized bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
In mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil and warm water together and then add the dry ingredients. Mix on high for 2 minutes, this activates the yeast. It should resemble a thicker cake batter.
- 2Pour batter into prepared pan and cover with a tea towel. Turn OFF the oven and set the covered bread in the warm oven to rise. Carefully shut the oven door.
The bread will take about 30 min. to rise to just below the top of the pan. Take the bread out carefully and set aside. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- 3Place bread in preheated oven and bake 45-55 minutes. After the first 10-15 minutes, tent tinfoil over the bread for the remainder of the baking time to prevent the crust from darkening too much.
Test the bread with a toothpick. After you’ve removed the bread from the oven, immediately rub the top with butter (or to keep it vegan, try a little melted coconut or olive oil). Remove loaf from the pan to a wire rack to cool.
- 4Let cool completely before cutting. This makes a big difference on how well it will slice and stay together.