Swiss Cheese Loaf
Emily Fields Johnson
1 pkgactive dry yeast
1/4 clukewarm water
1/4 clukewarm milk, (scalded then cooled)
1 1/2 tspsugar
1/2 cvegetable oil
2 3/4 call purpose flour
1 cswiss cheese, diced 1/4 inch. i normally add extra cheese.
How to Make Swiss Cheese Loaf
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in large mixing bowl.
- Stir in milk, sugar, salt, oil, eggs and 1 1/2 C flour.
- Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in remaining flour with spoon until smooth. Cover; let rise in warm place until double or about 1 hour.
- Stir down batter by beating about 25 strokes; gently work in cheese cubes until evenly distributed. Shape into ball and place in greased 9 inch pie plate.
- Let rise until doubled--about 1 hour.
- Bake in 375 degree oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from pie plate and cool on wire rack.