Swiss Cheese Loaf
Emily Fields Johnson1
- 1 pkg
- active dry yeast
- 1/4 c
- lukewarm water
- 1/4 c
- lukewarm milk, (scalded then cooled)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 c
- vegetable oil
- 2 3/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 c
- swiss cheese, diced 1/4 inch. i normally add extra cheese.
How to Make Swiss Cheese Loaf
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water in large mixing bowl.
- 2Stir in milk, sugar, salt, oil, eggs and 1 1/2 C flour.
- 3Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- 4Stir in remaining flour with spoon until smooth. Cover; let rise in warm place until double or about 1 hour.
- 5Stir down batter by beating about 25 strokes; gently work in cheese cubes until evenly distributed. Shape into ball and place in greased 9 inch pie plate.
- 6Let rise until doubled--about 1 hour.
- 7Bake in 375 degree oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- 8Remove from pie plate and cool on wire rack.