21) Dissolve yeast in 1/4c warm water. Stir in the 2tsp of sugar. Let sit for about 5 minutes until mixture foams up.
2) Heat milk in microwave or in small saucepan on stovetop.
3) Add sugar, butter, & salt to hot milk and stir until butter is melted. Cool to 105°F-110°F.
4) Pour milk mixture into bowl of stand mixer.
5) Add the yeast mixture & egg and mix together.
6) Mix in all-purpose flour, beating to form a soft dough. Knead with mixer for 5 minutes, adding extra flour, if needed. (This is where a dough hook is your best friend!)You want the dough to be wet, it will kinda look like slime. Don't add to much flour or it will make heavier rolls.
7) Place dough in warm oiled or buttered bowl, turning greased side up. Cover with parchment paper and let rise in warm place ( I turn my oven on to about 400 for a minute to warm up slightly then I put the bowl in there, like an incubator) until doubled in bulk, about 60 minutes.
8) Slightly punch down dough. Divide dough into 12 pieces and shape into round rolls. I do this by dividing the dough in half, and stretching it out into a loaf then cutting them into 6 equal parts. ** See below for how to shape the rolls, it's super easy! Place them, not touching, in greased 13×9x2 baking pan.
10) Cover with parchment paper sprayed with non stick spray & let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 30–45 minutes.
11) Bake at 375°F for 18–20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
12) Brush tops of rolls with butter.