Sweet Potato Pecan Bread
1 & 3/4 call-purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1 tspbaking powder
3/4 cgranulated sugar
1 tsppacked light brown sugar
1/2 ccanola oil
1 ccooked sweet potatoes
1 cpecans, chopped
How to Make Sweet Potato Pecan Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugars, oil and eggs until well blended. Add the flour mixture alternately with the sweet potatoes in three segments, blending well after each addition. Add nuts and stir.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake in 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes. To check for doneness, insert a knife into the center of the loaf. If the knife comes out clean, the loaf is done.
Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove loaf from pan and cool on a wire rack. Allow the loaf to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
- Notes: you can use canned sweet potatoes as long as you rinse and drain them before mashing. Leftover roasted sweet potatoes also work.
You can also use walnuts.
To make this into Pumpkin Bread substitute 1 C canned pumpkin for the sweet potatoes and decrease the cinnamon to 1/2 tsp.