Summertime Cornbread Dressing
- 2 pkg
- mexican cornbread, prepared as directed, cooled and crumbled
- 1 lb
- bacon, cooked and crumbled
- purple onion, chopped
- bell pepper, chopped
- tomatoes, chopped
- 1 c
- real mayonaise, not salad dressing--or as to taste
How to Make Summertime Cornbread Dressing
- 1Prepare cornbread and cool until able to handle. Meanwhile, cook bacon and crumble. Put into large bowl suitable for serving.
- 2Add all chopped vegetables to cornbread and bacon mixture, stir well. I add the juices that come from chopping the tomatoes, too.
- 3Add mayonaise and stir all together. You want the consistency to be that of a soft cornbread dressing. You may add more to your individual taste. Salt and pepper to taste. Eat now or chill before eating. Your choice. Good the next day, too.
- 4You can also adjust servings by cooking more packages, or less, of Mexican cornbread. Adjust amounts of bacon and vegetables to your taste, also. Sometimes I add cheese cubes and jalapeno peppers, depends on my mood that day! Very easy to adapt to your family's tastes. Enjoy!!