Stuffed Garlic Bread
I have made one stuffed with provolone, asiago and pepperoni slices as well as one made with pepper jack cheese and green onions.
Have fun with it and make it your own!
1loaf of round, italian bread or sourdough
1/4-1/2 cmelted butter or olive oil, depending on the size of the loaf of bread
3 clovegarlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 cmozzarella, provolone or italian blend cheese
1/2 cparmesan cheese
1/2 tspgarlic powder
·freshly chopped or dried parsley
How to Make Stuffed Garlic Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice round loaf 3/4 of the way through being careful not to cut all of the way through, vertically and horizontally, forming 1" squares.
- Add olive oil or butter to a small pan and saute garlic for 1-2 minutes, just to soften.
- Brush onto loaf being sure to get in into all of the cracks.
- Stuff cheese inside all of the cracks. (If you like pepperoni, you could add that, too.)
- Sprinkle with a pinch of coarse salt, garlic powder and parsley.
- Wrap in greased or oiled foil and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
*** Can serve with marinara sauce as an appetizer.