Stuffed Garlic Bread
I have made one stuffed with provolone, asiago and pepperoni slices as well as one made with pepper jack cheese and green onions.
Have fun with it and make it your own!
- loaf of round, italian bread or sourdough
- 1/4-1/2 c
- melted butter or olive oil, depending on the size of the loaf of bread
- 3 clove
- garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 c
- mozzarella, provolone or italian blend cheese
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- freshly chopped or dried parsley
How to Make Stuffed Garlic Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Slice round loaf 3/4 of the way through being careful not to cut all of the way through, vertically and horizontally, forming 1" squares.
- 3Add olive oil or butter to a small pan and saute garlic for 1-2 minutes, just to soften.
- 4Brush onto loaf being sure to get in into all of the cracks.
- 5Stuff cheese inside all of the cracks. (If you like pepperoni, you could add that, too.)
- 6Sprinkle with a pinch of coarse salt, garlic powder and parsley.
- 7Wrap in greased or oiled foil and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
*** Can serve with marinara sauce as an appetizer.