3 cbread flour (a/p flour will do in a pinch)
2 1/2 tspfast acting yeast
1 cwater, 120 degrees
3 Tbspbrown sugar
1/4 colive oil
4 Tbspbutter, melted
1 tspitalian seasoning (optional)
1 tspminced garlic (optional)
1 Tbspgrated parmesan (optional)
How to Make Quick Breadsticks
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- TO MAKE DOUGH BY HAND: Stir yeast and 1 tablespoon of the sugar into the warm water, set aside to proof.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, salt, remaining sugar, and any of the optional ingredients you wish to use.
- To the flour mixture add the proofed yeast mixture and the oil. Stir well. Once dough starts to come together, knead 5 minutes on a floured surface. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- While dough is resting line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into a 12x12 inch rectangle. Cut into 1/2 inch strips. Twist each strip slightly and place on baking sheet.
- Let rise for 20 minutes, covered, in a warm place (about 80*).
- Bake approx. 15 minutes, until golden brown. Brush hot breadsticks with melted butter. Serve & enjoy!
- BREAD MACHINE METHOD: Add ingredients to your bread machine in the order prescribed by the manufacturer. Use dough setting. Remove dough after kneading, and before the first rise begins. Go to Step 5.