★★★★★ 1 vote5
5 1/8 call purpose flour,unbleached
500 mlwater, warm (110 degrees)
1 1/2 tspsea salt
1 (7g) pkgactive dry yeast
1 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1 cmash potatoes
1egg to glaze the breads
How to Make Potato Bread
- Combine yeast,sugar,1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup flour.Mix and set aside for 15 minutes. Cover with kitchen towel and put to a warm place.
- After 15 minutes, add the rest of the ingredients, except the egg.Beat with a hook, mixer attachment on medium speed for about 10 minutes.
- Cover again with a kitchen towel and leave to double in size for about 60 to 90 minutes.
- Divide into 2 pieces.Pour into greased and floured bread pans and set aside for another 10 minutes,until the oven warms up to 395 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Just before you put it to the oven, use a brush to glaze the egg on top and make slices on top of the breads.