POLISH EGG BREAD
- 5 pkg
- active dry yeast
- 2 c
- lukewarm water divided by 2
- 1 qt
- whole milk scalded
- 1 c
- butter cut into pieces
- 7 tsp
- whole eggs room tempature
- 5 lb
- all purpose flour sifted twice
- 1 1/2 c
- super fine sugar
How to Make POLISH EGG BREAD
- 1Dissolve yeast packages in 1 cup of warm water. Rinse and dry a small saucepan to prevent milk from scorching and sticking when scalding.
- 2Bring milk to a boil reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add remaining 1 cup warm water.butter, and salt stir to blend. Once cooled to lukewarm stir in dissolved yeast.
- 3In a separate bowl beat eggs until light and fluffy. Gradually stir eggs into milk mixture.
- 4Once blended add flour gradually until few or no lumps remain. Divide dough in half and let rise in a warm place 1 1/2 hours.
- 5Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 6Once dough has risen turn dough out onto a well floured surface and dived into 6 equil portions ( dough will be vary sticky and soft at this point ).
- 7Divide each portion into 3 pieces braid together and place on a baking sheet
- 8Bake in a preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until hollow sounding when tapping on top. let cool , and enjoy.