POLISH EGG BREAD
5 pkgactive dry yeast
2 clukewarm water divided by 2
1 qtwhole milk scalded
1 cbutter cut into pieces
10whole eggs room tempature
5 lball purpose flour sifted twice
1 1/2 csuper fine sugar
How to Make POLISH EGG BREAD
- Dissolve yeast packages in 1 cup of warm water. Rinse and dry a small saucepan to prevent milk from scorching and sticking when scalding.
- Bring milk to a boil reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add remaining 1 cup warm water.butter, and salt stir to blend. Once cooled to lukewarm stir in dissolved yeast.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs until light and fluffy. Gradually stir eggs into milk mixture.
- Once blended add flour gradually until few or no lumps remain. Divide dough in half and let rise in a warm place 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Once dough has risen turn dough out onto a well floured surface and dived into 6 equil portions ( dough will be vary sticky and soft at this point ).
- Divide each portion into 3 pieces braid together and place on a baking sheet
- Bake in a preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until hollow sounding when tapping on top. let cool , and enjoy.