Panfried potato and meat cutlet/ croquette/ tikki
In this recipe, the cutlet is pan fried and i layered the minced meat and bell pepper with a bread slice and mashed potato.
We can recycle stale bread, leftover vegetables or meat into savory cutlets/ croquettes. Use mixed vegetables instead of meat for a fresh vegetarian tikki or make it a kid's menu by filling the bread with pizza toppings or mac and cheese.
- 6-8 large
- 1 c
- mashed potato
- 1/2 tsp
- butter (optional)
- 1 large
- capsicum/ bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 c
- minced/ ground meat
- 1 tsp
- garam masala/ curry powder
- chopped green chilli (optional)
- 1 tsp
- chilli powder
- 1/6 tsp
- ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp
How to Make Panfried potato and meat cutlet/ croquette/ tikki
- 1Combine the meat, garam masala/ curry powder, salt and chilli powder together. In a separate bowl, mix the mashed potato with ground pepper, salt and butter.
- 2Heat 1/2 tbs of oil in a pan, add the capsicum, salt and green chilli and fry till it becomes soft, remove it from the pan and keep it aside.
- 3Heat 1/2 tbs of oil in the same pan and stir fry and brown the meat, reduce the heat and add 2-3 tsp of water to it. Cover the pan and cook, till it's done and the meat mixture becomes dry.
- 4Remove the crusts off the bread and uniformly flatten the bread slices with a rolling pin.. Place a slice of bread on a cutting board, spread 1/2 tbs of mashed potato evenly, in the middle of the bread slice.
- 5Put a tsp of meat and another tsp of capsicum mixture over the potato.
- 6Wet the edges of the bread slightly, fold the bread and press it together with the stem of a spoon, press and seal all the three
- 7For a fancy look, use a fork and press the edges together. Slightly flatten the top of the bread by pressing it softly with a spoon or fork.
- 8Heat oil in a flat pan/ electric skillet and fry the stuffed bread slices. Flip it and cook, till both sides becomes golden brown.
- 9Remove from heat and transfer it to a serving plate and serve it warm, with tomato ketchup.
- 10Feel free to comment. I love your feedback. Enjoy ur cooking! Have a blessed day :)