Pan Fried, On The Grill Or In The Oven _ Garlic Bread !
We make it all three ways... and it is so good! By grilling it... you get a bit of the smokey flavor... By doing it in the oven... you get some darn good garlic bread... By doing it in a skillet... you get a little more control over the color, doneness and flavor.... Soooooo good!!!
- 1 large
- loaf french or italian bread (cut on a slight angle in 1/2 to 1 - inch slices)
- 1 stick
- butter or margarine (melted)
- 1/2 c
- olive oil
- garlic powder
How to Make Pan Fried, On The Grill Or In The Oven _ Garlic Bread !
- 1Slice the bread into 1/2 inch to 1 inch thick slices (I cut the slices on a slight angle).
- 2Melt the butter in a small sauce pan with olive oil.
- 3Either dip both sides of bread quickly in the butter mixture, or brush the mixture on both sides of the bread.
- 4Place the buttered bread into a medium - hot skillet. Sprinkle lightly with garlic powder (Never use garlic salt) (if you want a little salt, sprinkle a little on... but not needed).
When the bread is browned a bit, flip it over and sprinkle the browned side with garlic powder. Flip over again for a few seconds and remove from heat.
- 5*** When making this for the oven, only butter one side of the bread and only sprinkle one side.
*** You can add shredded parmesan and mozzarella cheeses to any version of this... but oven version is best for cheese.