Mozzarella Cheese Yeast Dinner Rolls
ETA: Sometimes I will add a cocktail sausage (or a chunk of regular smoked sausage) with the cheese -- it makes a wonderful breakfast roll!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
These rolls are Yummy with a capital Y! They're light and fluffy... with a great mozzarella treat in the middle. These will definitely be a hit around your dinner table. And, they are relatively easy to prepare - love it! The Test Kitchen
2 cflour (up to 1/2 cup more, if needed)
1 pkgfast rise yeast
12chunks mozzarella cheese
How to Make Mozzarella Cheese Yeast Dinner Rolls
- Combine milk, water and butter and heat to 115 - 125 degrees. Place 1 cup flour, sugar, salt, egg and dry yeast in large bowl.
- Add heated liquid and beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Slowly stir in remaining 1 cup flour. (Dough will be sticky).**(See NOTE). Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface and knead until firm and smooth, about 10 minutes.
Cover & let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 equal balls. Flatten each ball into a circle, approximately 3-4" across. Place a mozzarella chunk in the middle and close up, pinching dough together to seal. Place in a well-greased muffin pan or on cookie sheet at least 1" apart, and put in warm place until doubled in size, about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes.
- Brush tops with mixture of melted butter and olive oil. Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Preheat oven to 400. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until browned.
**NOTE: The dough will be sticky and wet. Turn out onto well floured surface and use well floured hands to work with the dough, using extra flour as needed. Do not use too much, as you want to keep the dough soft. This creates a very light, fluffy roll.